- In 3 days, I should have a final cover — the map will be done — labelled and fully drawn. In the meantime, this is the progress. I love everything about it. I love how uncommercial it is. I love the throwback quality of it. I love the spine.
- In 2-3 weeks, I will hold (and post pictures of) my author’s copy.
- After that, it depends on the editing. Maybe two weeks. I can’t commit.
- When the book is released, I plan to increase my reading. I’d like to review some modern murder mysteries, including some indies or near-indies.
- I have to remain mum on my plans for next year’s writing project. I’ll just say, at the moment, they are ambitious.
- One of the most important things will be sticking to a schedule and being consistant. One of the reasons I have overshot all my predicted dates is because I take long breaks. When I start again it takes a while to remember how to write. A lot of time gets wasted. A writer writes.
I hope you’re doing well and thank you for putting up with my delays. It really has been a rough year (ironically, 2020 was a breeze for me) and it slowed me down with lulls in productivity that were sometimes painful. 2021 did not, however, stop me. One of the things that kept me going was knowing that somewhere there are people excited to get their hands on my next book. People who love bombshell revelations at the end of middle chapters and evidence that doesn’t look like evidence and murders so strange they seem impossible. Talk to you soon. James